Saturday, November 28, 2009

True Blood: The Best in the Genre, Yet

As an avid follower of the vampire genre, I am always keen to try new vampire fiction or films. Before the vampire explosion of recent years, I have often been disappointed, especially by vampire films. There was rarely a vampire film worth seeing. I still remember the cult classic The Lost Boys and even saw it again recently.
At first, when I read that True Blood will be made into a series by Alan Ball, creator of Six Feet under, I was a bit worried because Six Feet Under just doesn’t do it for me. However, this time around, Alan Ball has done superbly well. Of course, credit must first and foremost go to series author Charlene Harris. Mrs. Harris has created a fascinating world where magical creatures exist among us and some of them are known to the public. And it was about time someone gave vampires a sexuality.
True Blood is the best in the vampire genre, yet. I can’t wait for book 10 of the series to be written and published. And I can’t wait for season 3 of True Blood to start airing.
The story is so fascinating and the setting in the deep American south fits perfectly. The casting crew has done an amazing job, too.
Eric: the image of hotness.

No comments:

Post a Comment